Graduate Write-In (Registration Required)
- Graduate Write-Ins are conducted by Mason Writing Center staff.
- Registration required: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/writing-center-weekly-graduate-write-in-tickets-36563389081
Bring your laptop, a set of goals, and a commitment to arrive on time and stay for the entire session. We begin with a short conversation about goals and end with a short wrap-up on accomplishments. The remaining time is dedicated to writing. A Writing Center consultant is on site to coordinate the session and take consultations.
If you're looking for group accountability and a space to write with other Mason graduate students who are also serious about making progress on their writing goals, sign up for any number of sessions between one and twenty-four. You may schedule just one or two sessions to get started on a course project, or attend all twenty-four to give yourself regular, structured time to work on a thesis, dissertation, or other writing project.
If you register for a write-in, you are committing to
- Arrive on time and to stay for the duration
- Turn off access to Facebook, online games, and other computer/online-based distractions during writing time
- Minimize distractions by phone by limiting texting and phone calls to scheduled break times
- Contribute to a supportive writing community among fellow participants
Seating is limited, so please register ahead of time. You may cancel up to 2 hours before a session.
To sign up for a Fairfax campus Graduate Write-In, just register here for the dates you'd like. Please call 703-993-8359 or email Andrew Cartwright at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Saturday, October 14, 2017 Show more dates
- 10:00am - 1:30pm
- 3001 Fenwick Library
- Fairfax Campus